NW RDA – North-West Regional Development Agency
Since its establishment, NW RDA has gathered a vast experience in :
- strategic planning, project cycle management
- services for SME’s: access to finance, internationalisation, innovation
- supporting clustering activities at regional level
- regional and European cooperation with key stakeholders and partners in the field of regional development
- implementing investment projects/programmes, as Intermediate Body for Operational Programmes funded from European structural funds
The Agency follows the implementation of economic and social cohesion policies in the region, it promotes and implements development programmes and provides the necessary services to the communities and to the investors for maximizing the economic and social benefits in the region.
NW RDA is an NGO of public utility created in 1998 by voluntary association of the local public administrations from 6 counties (more than 2.5M inhabitants) in the north-west side of Romania: Bihor, Bistrita-Nasaud, Cluj, Maramures, Salaj and Satu Mare. NW RDA has developed in the past 15 years a comprehensive network for development, formed by local authorities, universities, private sector representatives, clusters, social partners, etc.
Unique Selling Point
- NW RDA mission is to build up services for regional development and to manage the operational programmes
- NW RDA is the regional focal point for SMEs as regards innovation and access to finance
- NW RDA is the leader of BISNet Transylvania (part of European Enterprise Network-EEN), a network of business and research services providers from entire Transylvania (12 counties, involving the North-West and Centre Development Regions from Macroregion RO01 in Romania) dedicated to internationalization
- Until now, NW RDA has developed competencies for cluster management and founded 4 new innovative clusters
- NW RDA is also the regional contact point for citizens related to European information (hosting the regional Europe Direct Centre)
- Partner or project leader in projects developed on European programs (FP7, CIP, INTERREG IVC, etc.) such as: ENSPIRE EU, Plan4all, NEEBOR, ASVILOC PLUS, Smart+, INTECS, Europe Direct, CLUSTHERM, ClustArs, etc...
- Project leader for BISNet Transylvania, part of the European Enterprise Network (EEN)
- Implementation authority for Phare Funds and Intermediate Body for Operational Programmes 2007-2013, 2014-2020