Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze / Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS)
Czech University of Life Sciences is the largest agricultural university in the Czech Republic with more than 25 000 students and 1000 employees, of which 60 % is on pedagogical or research positions. Principal activities considering biomass production and utilization take place primarily in Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and natural Resources.
The faculty can offer experimental and laboratory facilities of high quality, which enable realization of small model experiments as well as space demanding tests. Laboratory facilities of the university belong to top level technology allowing to perform complete analyses of biomass, soil, bio-waste and other materials.
Besides that, CULS is the coordinator of currently finishing project ReStEP – Renewable Sustainable Energy Policy – the novel tool for regional assessment of renewable energy potential and limits.
The inner project team includes public research institutions and private research companies and associations. The wider network formed during the work on the project covers public R&D institutions, public administration (ministries, regional offices, municipalities) as well as private investors and NGO’s.
- Research – Agronomy, Biomass production and utilization, Waste utilization, Biomass based renewable energy, Environmental aspects of biomass production
- Knowledge – CULS is a leading knowledge base it the field of life sciences in Czech Republic
- Cooperation – Our personnel can offer broad experience in international cooperation and participation on European or other R&D programs
- Knowledge and know-how in the field of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) assessment.
- Wide experience with establishing the scientific network regarding RES, creating datasets and software, dissemination etc.
International cooperation with public or private partners from R&D sector. Sharing the knowledge of the RESTEP RES assessment approach, proposing or engagement in EU supported projects.
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- Research institute for Soil and Water Conservation
- ECO trend Research center, s.r.o.
- CZ Biom, Czech Biomass Association
- Ministry of Environment
Unique Selling Point
Regarding the field of renewable energy CULS can offer know-how from the project RESTEP, the interactive map of sources – a new, comprehensive software tool to assessing of potential and limits of renewable energy sources on a regional level. RESTEP is recognized as the official new Czech policy towards RES by the DANUBE Priority 2 – Sustainable energy.
Some projects CULS coordinated) or participated in:
- FP7 Programme, Collaborative, small or medium-scale focused research project - “Economic analysis of certification systems for organic food and farming” (Project No. KBBE-2007-1-4-07, CERTCOST)
- FP7 Programme, Collaborative, small or medium-scale focused research project - “Regional pilot platform as EU contribution to a Global Soil Observing System – e-SOTER” (Project No.FP7-ENV-2007-1)
- Environmental Assessment of Soil for Monitoring – ENVASSO (Contract No. 022713, STREP)
- Dissemination of research results in semi-arid and arid ecosystems with a focus on sustainable water resource management in Ethiopia (Contract No. 031694, INCO)
- Encouraging Collective Farmers Marketing Initiatives - COFAMIs (Contract No. 006541, SSPE)
- A Cognitive Approach to Rural Sustainable Development - CORASON (Contract No. 506049, CITIZENS)
- Wildland-Urban Area Fire Risk Management – WARM (Project No. EVG1-CT-2001-00044)
- Evaluating Financing of Forestry in Europe – EFFE (Project No. QLK5-CT-2000-01228)
- RESTEP - Regional Sustainable Energy Policy based on the Interactive Map of Sources, LIFE10 ENV/CZ/649
- Urban Soil Management Strategy (Project No. 1CE064P3)
- The transport energy consumption in urban and suburban areas (Project No. TU0902)
- The Assessment Methods and the Multidisciplinary Evaluation of road transport impacts on sustainable environment (Project No. OC 193)
- Supporting of Agricultural Innovation processes by developing and using collaborative e-Learning network based on professional knowledge bases (Project No. MEB 040804)
- EXPLICS – Exploiting Internet Case Study and Simulation Templates for Language Teaching and Learning (Project No. 225784-CP-1-2005-1-DE-Lingua-L2)
- Growing With Compost (Project No. 224027-CP-1-2005-1-UK-GRUNDTVIG-G1PP)
LEONARDO DA VINCI
- Trasnationality for Education in Rural Territories - TRANSFAIR (Project No. 2006-FR/06/B/P/PP/152513)